C.G. Credle Elementary School Anti-Bullying Policy
Everyone at C. G. Credle Elementary School is committed to making our school a safe and caring place for all students. We will treat each other with respect, and we refuse to tolerate bullying in any form at our school. The State of North Carolina, Granville County Schools, and Credle all support an anti-bullying policy.
Bullying is unfair and one-sided. It happens when someone keeps hurting, frightening, threatening, or leaving someone out on purpose.
Examples of bullying include (but are not limited to):
- Hurting someone physically by hitting, kicking, tripping, pushing, and so on
- Stealing or damaging another person’s things
- Ganging up on someone
- Teasing someone in a hurtful way
- Using put-downs, such as insulting someone’s race or making fun of someone for being a boy or girl
- Touching or showing private body parts
- Spreading rumors about someone (verbally or via computer)
- Leaving someone out on purpose or trying to get other students not to play with someone
Staff at our school will do the following things to prevent bullying and help children feel safe at school:
- Closely supervise students in all areas of the school and playground
- Watch for signs of bullying and stop it when it happens
- Respond quickly and sensitively to bullying reports
- Take seriously families’ concerns about bullying
- Look into all reported bullying incidents
- Assign consequences for bullying based on the school discipline code
- Provide protection for students who report bullying
Students at our school will do the following things to prevent bullying:
- Treat each other respectfully
- Refuse to bully others
- Refuse to let others be bullied
- Refuse to watch, laugh, or join in when someone is being bullied
- Try to include everyone in play, especially those who are often left out
- Report bullying to an adult (teacher, administrator, or counselor)
What Parents Can Do: Encourage your child to be respectful and kind to others. If there is a concern, talk to your child about the incident and contact the school immediately and speak to an administrator. All complaints of bullying will be promptly investigated and appropriate action will be taken by administration.
For more information, please see GCS Board Policy Code: 1710/4021/7230 Prohibition Against Discrimination, Harassment and Bullying
I understand and support C. G. Credle Elementary’s anti-bullying policy.
__________________________ ______ __________________________ ______
Parent Signature Date Student Signature Date